Melissa, or Lemon Balm, is a small herb native to central and southern Europe. It has a sweet, lemony smell liked by children and adults. Melissa is an uplifting and calming oil and useful for treating tension, stress headaches, migraine and nervous asthma.
Melissa's anti-inflammatory properties are helpful for inflamed skin and allergic skin conditions. If diluted it can be used for ulceration, eczema and other skin complaints - particularly those which are stress related. It is also a good first-aid remedy for bee and wasp stings.
About our products:
• Always cruelty free with no animal testing
• Certified organic skincare with 100% natural ingredients
• Our products never contain any of the following: synthetic fragrances, silicones, parabens, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA, EDTA, nano technology, genetically modified organisms (GMO), petroleum or BHT. Why? Because we operate on the precautionary principle which simply means that when in doubt about an ingredient's safety, we leave it out.
• Our packaging is made from recycled cardboard and is printed with vegetable based inks
• Our 100% recyclable blue glass bottles are made from UK sand, limestone and soda ash and our blue plastic bottles are made from 100% recycled materials
How to Use:
Baths: blend 5-8 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil or full fat milk, add to bath
Massages: add 2-3 drops of essential oils to 3 tablespoonfuls of carrier oil
Diffusion: add 2-4 drops of essential oils to a burner, aroma stone or aroma stream