5 Easy Ways to Prep Your Skin for Fall
Fall is one of our favourite seasons! The air is crisp, leaves are crunching underfoot and we get to cozy up in big sweaters with hot drinks. However, the change in season also means a change in your complexion! You might be noticing that less moisture in the air means dull, dry skin and random breakouts. Luckily, we have 5 simple tips to help you keep that summer glow all season long!
- Treat yourself
- One of our favourite ways to treat skin is our Wild Rose Beauty Balm. The combination of hemp, borage and jojoba oils with wild rosehip and balancing essential oils makes this product a must-have for fall. Use it as a cleanser to remove grime and rebalance oil production, and then follow-up as a deeply nourishing moisturizer!
- Find your favourite oil
- Natural, plant based oils are an excellent way to hydrate skin and combat pesky breakouts during colder months. Oils are able to penetrate deeper into skin to provide extra support to skin cells, blood vessels and capillaries. Find the right oil for your skintype: combination skin does well with drier oils like grapeseed, avocado oil nourishes dry or mature skin and normal skin benefits from lightweight oils like almond!
- Improve circulation
- Cold weather can constrict blood vessels resulting in poor circulation which can leave skin looking tired and dull. Proper blood flow brings oxygen and nutrients to cells and keeps skin looking bright and healthy. Pop in for a Traditional Chinese Facial to stimulate circulation, encourage lymphatic drainage and allow yourself 60 minutes to relax during a busy back to school season!
- Sneak in superfoods
- Keep your skin bright and healthy with the addition of nutrient dense superfoods this season! We love adding vitamin C rich Pomegranate or Acai powder to our smoothies to fight free radical damage and encourage healthy collagen production. Check out this easy Acai Berry Bowl from Stacey Deering!
- Hydrate, from the inside, out!
- Water has many beneficial functions for skin. It helps carry nutrients to skin cells and can help dissolve nutrients from the food we eat making them easier for the body to assimilate. It also helps support the liver and kidneys, organs that are commonly linked to the health of our skin. Interested in a personalized approach to holistic skincare? Our Skin Nutrition Consultation is 25% off for September!
Anything you think we might have missed? Share in the comments below!