5 Easy Ways to Prep Your Skin for Fall
Fall is one of our favourite seasons! The air is crisp, leaves are crunching underfoot and we get to cozy up in big sweaters with hot drinks. However, the change in season also means a change in your complexion! You might be noticing that less moisture in the air means dull, dry skin and random breakouts. Luckily, we have 5 simple tips to help you keep that summer glow all season long!
- One of our favourite ways to treat skin is our Wild Rose Beauty Balm. The combination of hemp, borage and jojoba oils with wild rosehip and balancing essential oils makes this product a must-have for fall. Use it as a cleanser to remove grime and rebalance oil production, and then follow-up as a deeply nourishing moisturizer!
- Natural, plant based oils are an excellent way to hydrate skin and combat pesky breakouts during colder months. Oils are able to penetrate deeper into skin to provide extra support to skin cells, blood vessels and capillaries. Find the right oil for your skintype: combination skin does well with drier oils like grapeseed, avocado oilnourishes dry or mature skin and normal skin benefits from lightweight oils like almond!
- Cold weather can constrict blood vessels resulting in poor circulation which can leave skin looking tired and dull. Proper blood flow brings oxygen and nutrients to cells and keeps skin looking bright and healthy.
- Keep your skin bright and healthy with the addition of nutrient dense superfoods this season! We love adding vitamin C rich Pomegranate or Acai powder to our smoothies to fight free radical damage and encourage healthy collagen production. Check out this easy Acai Berry Bowl from Stacey Deering!
Hydrate, from the inside, out!
- Water has many beneficial functions for skin. It helps carry nutrients to skin cells and can help dissolve nutrients from the food we eat making them easier for the body to assimilate. It also helps support the liver and kidneys, organs that are commonly linked to the health of our skin.
Anything you think we might have missed? Share in the comments below!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Neal's Yard Remedies Blog
It's that time of year again! We've curated a lovely list of gift ideas for everyone you're shopping for this year.
Learn more about the external and internal triggers that could worsen your symptoms, and get helpful tips for how to avoid them. Read More
There is a multitude of reasons why people may experience sensitive skin. All of these reasons make it difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of sensitive skin, which doesn’t make it easy on those of us who experience this on a daily basis because when our skin isn’t playing ball it can affect how we feel about ourselves. Read More