5 Easy Ways to Prep Your Skin for Fall
Fall is one of our favourite seasons! The air is crisp, leaves are crunching underfoot and we get to cozy up in big sweaters with hot drinks. However, the change in season also means a change in your complexion! You might be noticing that less moisture in the air means dull, dry skin and random breakouts. Luckily, we have 5 simple tips to help you keep that summer glow all season long!
- One of our favourite ways to treat skin is our Wild Rose Beauty Balm. The combination of hemp, borage and jojoba oils with wild rosehip and balancing essential oils makes this product a must-have for fall. Use it as a cleanser to remove grime and rebalance oil production, and then follow-up as a deeply nourishing moisturizer!
- Natural, plant based oils are an excellent way to hydrate skin and combat pesky breakouts during colder months. Oils are able to penetrate deeper into skin to provide extra support to skin cells, blood vessels and capillaries. Find the right oil for your skintype: combination skin does well with drier oils like grapeseed, avocado oilnourishes dry or mature skin and normal skin benefits from lightweight oils like almond!
- Cold weather can constrict blood vessels resulting in poor circulation which can leave skin looking tired and dull. Proper blood flow brings oxygen and nutrients to cells and keeps skin looking bright and healthy.
- Keep your skin bright and healthy with the addition of nutrient dense superfoods this season! We love adding vitamin C rich Pomegranate or Acai powder to our smoothies to fight free radical damage and encourage healthy collagen production. Check out this easy Acai Berry Bowl from Stacey Deering!
Hydrate, from the inside, out!
- Water has many beneficial functions for skin. It helps carry nutrients to skin cells and can help dissolve nutrients from the food we eat making them easier for the body to assimilate. It also helps support the liver and kidneys, organs that are commonly linked to the health of our skin.
Anything you think we might have missed? Share in the comments below!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Neal's Yard Remedies Blog
The leaves are changing, the mornings are crisp, and your skin...well, what do we do to adapt to the cool days and drying furnaces? We'll go over some of our top tips for keeping our skin hydrated and glowing. Read More
Rosehip seed oil has many benefits, including anti-aging and fighting acne. Learn about rosehip oil uses for skin and how to incorporate this wonderful ingredient into your life. Read More
Learn the history of body powder, why certain types are dangerous, and the dozen ways that you can use it. Read More