Neal's Yard Remedies (Canada) Ltd. ("we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and using any information you provide to us responsibly.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy is a supplement to our Terms and Conditions and sets out:
Part 1 - Use of your personal information: The basis on which your personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be stored and used by us.
Part 2 - Information about Cookies: Which cookie files we use, how these work and why we use them.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to all visitors to or users of the Neal's Yard Remedies (Canada) Ltd. Website, the homepage of which is at www.nealsyardremedies.ca or any Neal's Yard Remedies (Canada) Ltd. online channel where this policy is linked, such as Neal's Yard Remedies (Canada) Ltd. Microsites; pages on social media sites (for example on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube) and mobile sites of Neal's Yard Remedies (Canada) Ltd.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we use your personal information and cookies. If you have any questions about our Privacy and Cookies Policy or the use of your information or cookies please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, on 403.460.8400 or at:
Neal's Yard Remedies (Canada) Ltd.
#130, 2207 4th Street SW
Calgary, AB T2X 1S1
Part 1 - Use of your personal information
2. Information we may collect from you
We collect personal information directly from you to do all the things typically associated with electronic and mobile commerce. Examples of the information we collect include name, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, personal preferences, credit card number, purchase and ordering information. We collect and use such information about you as follows:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site (where applicable), subscribing to our services (where applicable), ordering goods through the Site, personalizing the Site with your preferences, posting material or requesting further services;
- information submitted when you enter a competition or promotion or when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with the Site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders. However, we never store your payment details;
- details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, which URL you used to get to our site, searches you make, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- information about yourself provided by you to us for specific purposes; and
- details about others provided by you for specific purposes. For example, we collect your gift recipient's contact information to process your gift orders.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers/partners. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3. Sensitive personal information
Generally we do not seek to collect "sensitive personal information" - that is, information relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinion; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual orientation; or criminal records. We recommend that you do not provide such information to us. If you choose to do so for any reason, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us to use that information for the reasons described in this policy, or as explained at the time you provide the information.
4. Where / how we store your information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Canada. It may also be processed by staff operating outside Canada who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services (i.e. management of survey processes etc.). By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. SSL is encryption technology that provides security for information that's transmitted over the Internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5. Security of shared information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Sites, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access and require our suppliers to do the same.
Use of your information
Where we collect information from you we will identify why we have collected the information and what we will use it for and ask you whether you are happy for us or other third parties identified to contact you with regard to similar products and services or unrelated products and services. We will not, without your permission or unless indicated in this privacy and cookies policy or agreed to by you on a form on the Sites, transfer any of your information to any third parties.
Except for the mailing list activities which we run on some parts of the Sites, where you explicitly consent to receive materials from us, we will not use your personal information collected from the Sites to carry out unsolicited marketing activities. You may change your choice at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the promotional email or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- for the administration of the Sites;
- to ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you expressly request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- for processing and delivering your orders and responding to any queries or requests for information from you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to give search engines access to publicly available information in your profile if your settings allow;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their sites, viewing their content within our Sites, or by viewing our content within their websites;
- to manage and develop our business and operations; and
- to carry out any obligations or provide you with any other services, functionality or content which you specifically agree to on the Sites.
We will never use your information to send you marketing materials unless you have asked us to send these to you or consented to us sending these to you.
Disclosure of your information
We do not sell our customer lists and we will never pass your details on to third parties for any purpose unless you have consented to us doing so unless it is for the following reasons:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in the event that we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your information (including the hosting and maintenance of our Sites) in which case we will ensure that any such service provider keeps your information confidential and adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your information as undertaken by us; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Your rights
If you have consented to us sending you marketing information you have the right to change your mind and ask us not to send you marketing information any more. As mentioned above we will always ask you (before collecting your information) if you would like to receive information from us for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Third Party Websites
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please be advised that we do not endorse, or generally have any affiliation with, these third parties. We do not control and are not responsible for their internet practices. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these sites.
Also, the social media sites where we have a social media page may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors' use of these social media pages. The analysis that is provided allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our social media pages and interaction with content on our social media pages
10. Changing your information
If you want to change the details that you have registered on-line with us, this can be done in the My Account section of the Sites.
11. Access to information
The federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)or, if applicable, substantially similar provincial legislation gives you the right to access information held about you and for you to request that changes be made to this information if it is inaccurate or not up-to-date. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Part 2 - Information about cookies
12. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Some cookies are essential to enable you to use the Sites effectively, for example, to order items.
The table below shows the categories of cookies we use and provides more information about the nature and purpose of cookies:
|Type of cookie||What's the function?|
|Essential||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/ Performance Cookies||
These cookies allow us to capture information about how people use our website, for example, which pages are viewed the most and how people move around our Sites. This information is then used to make improvements to our website and services.
These cookies do not capture information that could be used to identify individuals.
Google Analytics is the main cookie of this type that we use. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please follow the link below: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
|Functionality cookies||These cookies are used to remember information when you return to our website, such as your user name. This enables us to enhance your experience by personalizing our content for you.|
These cookies collect information about what visitors view on our website enabling us to provide more relevant information in advertisements on selected third party websites and to monitor the success of our advertising campaigns.
The data contained in the cookie is completely anonymous and contains no personal details.
For more information on Google advertising and preferences, please follow the link below:https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
Mobile device specific cookies:
|Type of cookie||What's the function?|
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our mobile website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
We do not use targeting cookies. Targeting cookies collect information about your web usage enabling website operators and their partners to provide you with more relevant advertisements and allow them to monitor the success of advertising campaigns.
To find out more about information cookies generally, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them you should visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Third party cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
13. Changes to our privacy and cookies policy
Any changes we may make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page.
14. Effective Date
This Privacy & Cookies Policy is effective March 18, 2014.
Neal's Yard Remedies (Canada) Ltd.
#130, 2207 4th Street SW, Calgary AB T2X 1S1