Marketing Intern (Calgary)
The Opportunity – Marketing Intern (Calgary)
Assist with internal and external communication, including e-newsletters, social media management, light graphic design and other communications. Creatively translate the company’s values and beliefs into marketing materials to support the company’s retail, online and wholesale business. The term will start in May, 2021.
- Participation and monitoring of our social media feeds.
- Assistance with newsletters and other customer facing marketing materials
- Researching and cultivating relationships with bloggers, influencers, writers and other individuals and organizations.
- Preparation of press releases and other documents to support new product launches and marketing campaigns.
- Graphic design work for our website, print assets and social media feeds.
- Other office administration, as necessary.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Currently working towards a degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, PR, Graphic Design, or similar.
- Hands on experience with Photoshop, InDesign, or similar.
- Existing portfolio of marketing or social media work preferred but not required
- Self-motivated, responsible, organized and a willingness to get the job done
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic and outgoing with passion for natural wellness.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Collaborative, positive and energetic.
- A great team worker who is inspired to work with the team to deliver great results.
- Honest, fair and kind with customers and colleagues.
- Confident and comfortable to demonstrate products in a retail setting
- A true people person with the natural ability to build rapport with customers.
- A passion and commitment to learning about beauty, skincare, products and wellness therapies.
- An eye for detail.
- The position will work approximately 35 hours per week.
- The position will start approximately April 26, 2021.
- The candidate must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is legally entitled to work and study here in Canada.
Job Descriptions may not cover all duties and responsibilities as these may be subject to change at any time and without notice. All job holders will be expected to carry out additional duties as requested to suit the needs of the business.
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please also state which position you are interested in).