Reflexology is a form of natural, holistic therapy and is based on the theory that the whole body is mapped out on the feet and hands. It uses only human touch and interaction to bring about its results and aims to assist in restoring homeostasis to the whole person not just the prevailing symptoms.
A reflexologist uses special pressure techniques to stimulate points on the feet which correspond to organs, systems and structures within the entire body.
The treatment encourages the persons own healing systems to be activated, imbalances can be detected and effectively treated to naturally restore balance and well-being to body and mind.
The therapy is a renewal and maintenance program for the body. It not only aids recovery but helps the body to maintain health. It is not necessary to have a ‘symptom’ to benefit from reflexology.
- A deep state of relaxation, reducing stress and allowing the body time for rest and repair
- A freer flow of blood and lymph supply to the cells and tissues, improving circulation, nourishing cells and eliminating waste
- Stimulation of nerve supply and the flow of nerve energy, enhancing energy and vitality
Treatments can be useful for:
- Active relaxation
- Recuperation after illness
- Re balancing hormones
- In preparation for pregnancy and post natal
- Sub fertility and infertility
- Jet-lag / Shift workers – re-balancing your body clock
- Reducing the effects of seasonal hay fever
- After physical or emotional trauma
- When you’re feeling ‘off’ or ‘out of balance’
Reflexology helps reconnect and restore the balance between our mind, body and emotions and aims to maintain those connections at optimal levels.
Well trained reflexologists do not claim to cure, diagnose or prescribe. It is a very individual treatment which is tailored to you as a whole person, taking into account both physical and non-physical factors that may be affecting your well-being.
We offer reflexology treatments in 60 minute appointments, starting at $75.
To book a reflexology treatment at Neal's Yard Remedies, call 403-460-8400 or visit the store at #130, 2207 4th St SW, Calgary.