We are seeking a passionate and inspiring individual to join our team as Accountant / Office Manager. As well as being financially astute, the Accountant / Office Manager will play a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the Neal's Yard Remedies head office location as well as providing support to the various businesses within the broader organization.
The Accountant / Office Manager will be responsible for assisting Neal's Yard Remedies and related entities with general accounting functions, including account reconciliations, accounts payable / receivable, invoicing, billings and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will provide financial insights into the business’ financial performance through regular analytical and financial reporting and will assist with various operational and office functions, as required.
- Financial reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis, as required
- Preparation of inventory, bank and other account reconciliations
- Management of regular accounting entries, including intercompany accounts and bank deposits
- Assist with budgets and annual planning
- Assist with preparation of financial statements and tax filings
- Assist with inventory forecasting
- Provide general assistance to staff and management within the organization, as required
- Assist in planning customer and staff events
- Management of office documents
- Performance of general office functions, including client care
For the right applicant, the role may start with 2-3 days per week and can evolve into a full time position as the business grows in the near term.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of journal entries and financial reporting is required
- Experience in retail, hospitality and marketing industries would be an asset, though not required
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is an asset
- Engaging, organized, independent and motivated, thrives in a flexible and informal environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactive, responsible, organized and prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Passion for a natural, holistic lifestyle and a positive attitude is a requirement
For the right individual, this role presents great advancement opportunities as we grow within Calgary and nationally.
At Neal's Yard Remedies, we're driven by the passionate belief that health and beauty should be more natural and organic, less synthetic. This passion, and our firm belief that it's down to all of us to protect our precious planet, is at the heart of everything we do.
At Neal’s Yard Remedies, we like to think of ourselves as pioneers. Today, awareness and interest in natural remedies, skin and body care are on the increase. But when we opened our first shop in London we were one of the few pushing against the synthetic chemical approach to skin and health care that had been adopted by much of the industry. Our vision has always been to bring the expertise of the apothecary and our holistic approach to health and beauty to local communities.
Neal’s Yard Remedies Canada is a local, family owned business. We have recently opened two retail stores and a head office location in Calgary. With plans to expand country-wide, this is an exciting career opportunity to join the team and grow our Canadian roots!
The position is dynamic in nature and always evolving as we grow. A competitive package is available. Only qualified candidates will be contacted and we thank you in advance for your interest. The position will start as soon as possible or with desired notice period.
If you are interested in joining a team that supports a holistic approach to health and beauty please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, making reference to the job title you are applying for. We sincerely thank you for your interest in Neal’s Yard Remedies.